Friday, October 4, 2013

Island Hop 2013 - Post 19

Back on The Rock for another volunteer work weekend!

Unfortunately, while I recognize faces, I have a hard time with names.  Once we settled in for our pizza dinner and introductions, I recognized the dudes I roomed with (and froze with) in Spring - maybe I'll tell that story later - as well as the dudes I roomed with for the 2012 Island Hop.
 
Photo: www.putinbayphotos.com

Matt & Jeff are still here.  The buildings are still here and standing (though with a fair list of updates - INCLUDING WIFI IN THE DORMS!).

What else?  I know I never posted photos from Spring, sorry.  That weekend was really cold and miserable I couldn't muster the energy to write another post.  Hopefully, this weekend will be a little better.

I signed up for landscaping at the South Bass Island Nature and Wildlife Center tomorrow, so it'll be nice to see somewhere new and different.  Plus - Nature!  So, yeah... Win.

This weekend's schedule seems to be in line with the others - so no surprises there.  If you're curious what the weekend looks like, the Island Hop overview is HERE.  According to the schedule, we're staring with coffee at 0700 and bouncing off Gibraltar at 0900 and back by 1700 for a bit of Wine (from the Lake Erie Region, of course) and cheese before dinner.  An evening program follows at 1900 and then a bit of time for whatever (reading!).

Sunday will include the Tweets & Treats (birds & edible plants) tour of Gibraltar before departing and heading back to the places from whence we came.  And those are the highlights of the weekend as it stands to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment