Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Return to the Island - Post 14

On Friday, 28 September 2012, I have the pleasure of returning to The Island for the Buckeye Island Hop - a volunteer work weekend.

In a manner of sorts, this is a continuation of my Sport Fishing trip back in 2009 - since that is the trip that made me an Alumni of Stone Lab.  As such, I'm going to return to posting over the next 3 nights and catching my followers up on the goings on up on Gibraltar Island and talk about the benefits of giving back through volunteering.

A .pdf outline of the weekend can be found HERE

In short - I'll be leaving out of Port Clinton tomorrow evening and making my way to Gibraltar, where they will be serving pizza upon our arrival.

Saturday, we'll wake up, have brekkers, depart for our volunteer activities (where we'll eat a bagged lunch) then return in the early evening for a bit of wine & cheese (hopefully, something from the Lake Erie vineyards) before our lasagna & perch diner.  Following dinner, we'll have the opportunity to participate in an activity before doing as we will for the remainder of the evening.

On Sunday - the schedule is very sparse: coffee/bagels followed by a proper breaking-of-the-fast, then on to a science activity prior to our departure.  If I have the opportunity, I might take the opportunity to depart a little later from South Bass and run over the Heineman's Winery to pick up some Pink Catawba - an excellent medium-sweet Ohio wine.

And now that the weekend is outlined - all that's left is to go do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment