Sunday, June 14, 2009

Arrival!!! - post 4

Well - i made it! The drive up from columbus wasnt' too bad, but it took longer than I expected... Ergo, i missed the 1145 ferry by about 15 minutes and had to take the 1345 ferry. This meant I was cutting it pretty close. Caught the last boat to Gibraltar and had just enough time to stow my gear in my room and head to the class building for orientation.

Orientation, row boat safety lesson, dinner, and our first lecture followed in quick succession. Following lecture we headed out to the docks and cast a few lines. Par usual, I caught a whole lot of seaweed... Finding myself not having too much luck, I decided to pack it in and head to the room to get a little better situated. Things are a little cramped and congested for my tastes :-(

There's 4 of us in a room. One other is in my class, the other two are in a global warming class. All 4 of us are older than traditional students, my guess is that's why the put us all together. Have to keep the old guys sticking together :-D

I'm looking forward to heading out tomorrow and getting in some deeper water. Hopefully - I'll meet with a fair amount of success!!!

Dinner was pretty solid, and I'm hoping the remainder of meals are as good. Little bit of chicken... lots of salad and fruit... chocolate mouse cake.... cheesecake... good stuff man!

No comments:

Post a Comment