Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Work Day (2014) - Post 23

Another day of volunteering at Stone is resigned to the pages of history.  Like I posted yesterday, back at the LEINWC for a whole bunch of work.  

I teamed up with former Stone Lab Director Ed Herdendorf and tackled the task of tightening up a bunch of bolts on the picnic tables and benches before we helped to dig out & level off a space to place some pavers for a display to rest on.  Some minor cleaning up in the yard before heading inside to help with the reorganization of the storage room and cleaning the displays.

Resting on one of the displays was one of my favorite natural science books ~ Ohio's Natural Heritage.  I was extolling the virtues of said book and Dr. Herdendorf said to turn to the chapter on the lakes and islands... One of the authors was Charles E. Herdendorf.  Me: "Wait, you!?!  You go by your middle name then?"  I told him that I'll have to bring my copy for him to autograph next time :-)

Back on The Rock, we had a typical Saturday evening - wine/cheese, dinner (regular lasagna, not just veggie!), a talk on Jay Cooke ~ Financier for the Union in The US Civil War and now, winding down with some reading.

A group went across the bay to PIB.  But you, my dear readers, know I am so not interested in that.  So, I read!

No comments:

Post a Comment